Aaron is an occupational therapist, certified hand therapist, and certified strength and conditioning specialist with over two decades clinical experience. He is a recognized expert in shoulder, arm and hand rehabilitation with a passion for hands-on manual therapy, custom orthosis fabrication and functional exercise performance. Aaron is an author and speaker with topics including shoulder biomechanics and strategies to bridge the gap between rehabilitation and personal training.
In April 2015 Aaron founded MoveMend, Seattle’s only neighborhood based clinic specializing in rehabilitation of the shoulder, arm and hand and post-injury personal training. Since opening, the practice has grown to include physical therapy, expanding the functional approach to rehabilitation to include the entire body.
Aaron is a recently retired elite-amateur cyclist and budding runner. He and his wife Kristin, a small animal surgeon and canine rehabilitation specialist, share their lives with their rescued French Bulldog, Beans and therapy dog in training, Arrow.
- Expert fabricator of custom arm and hand orthotics
- Contributing author, “Rehabilitation of the Hand and Upper Extremity”, 6th edition
- National and international speaker on topics to include
- Flexor Tendon Rehabilitation
- Shoulder Biomechanics and Rehabilitation Principles
- Hand Therapy for Thumb Injuries
- Treating Forearm Stiffness After Injury
- Custom Elbow, Wrist, and Hand Orthosis Fabrication
- Therapy After Elbow Fractures and Joint Reconstruction
- Hand Therapy Techniques for Extensor Tendon Repairs
Aaron is an accomplished Category 1 elite level cyclist. He was ranked 5th in 2013 and 9th in 2014 in the Washington State Best All Around Road Rider competition. Since recently retiring from competitive cycling he has started running, earning himself a spot on the podium in his first three 10K running races.
Licensure, Certifications, and Professional Associations:
- Washington Occupational Therapy Association
- American Society of Hand Therapists
- National Strength and Conditioning Association
- American Association for Hand Surgery
- Affiliate Member of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand