Participate in your favorite activities without any pain
Participating in sports is one of the best ways to stay active and healthy. However, there is always a chance that you may incur a sports injury. Any injury sustained during the game or physical exercise can be categorized as a sports injury. Avoiding these types of injuries can cause physical disability or other health-related issues.
If you’ve incurred a sports injury, visit MoveMend Rehab and Performance. Our physical therapists are dedicated to treating a wide range of sports injuries without any medication and invasive treatment. Our experienced therapists and patient-friendly environment will help you recover from your sports injury as soon as possible. Contact MoveMend Rehab and Performance to book an appointment today.
Common sports injuries
There is a wide range of injuries that can occur while playing games or doing exercises. Different sports injuries develop various symptoms and complications. Some common forms of sports injury include:
- Sprain– A sprain is a tearing or stretching of ligaments. This injury occurs when the ligaments are stretched beyond their limit.
- Strain– A strain is a chronic or acute soft tissue injury that occurs to a tendon or muscle. It occurs when a tendon is stretched beyond its capacity.
- Knee injuries- The knee is one of the most important and complex joints in the human body. Any injury to this joint can cause sharp pain and affect knee function.
- Shoulder injury– Any game that requires overhead movement such as tennis, volleyball, swimming, and basketball can cause a shoulder injury.
- ACL tear– A sudden change of direction or hard impact to the knee can cause strain or tear of the ACL. This type of injury can affect your range of motion.
- Tennis elbow injury – Repetitive use of the elbow can cause tennis or epicondylitis. Pain due to tennis elbow injury may radiate from the outside of your elbow to your wrist or forearm.
How PT helps recovery after a sports injury
Physical therapy is one of the natural and effective ways to treat a sports injury. Therapists at MoveMend Rehab and Performance utilize hands-on techniques and therapeutic exercises to treat a wide range of sports injuries. Depending on the type of sports injury and your physical condition, our therapists will develop a personalized treatment plan. It may include massage, hot & cold therapy, ultrasound therapy, strengthening exercise, ROM of training, and stretching exercise. Our expert will work with you in order to ease your pain and promote the body’s natural healing process. With our personalized physical therapy treatment, you will be able to get back in the game. If you are ready to avail our PT service, contact us at (206) 737-1887 and schedule an appointment with our physical therapists.
Your Next Steps…
Request An Appointment
Receive A Custom Treatment Plan
Work Hard and Progress In Your Recovery
Recover & Enjoy Life Pain-Free!