Physio Coaching: Smarter training made easy
Physio Coaching combines the best of strength training and rehab for a truly unique and customized approach to fitness.
Here’s how rehab and training work today. Your rehab specialist helps you manage pain or recover from an injury, but they generally don’t help you resume your normal level of training. Your trainer helps you improve your fitness but generally doesn’t have extensive expertise in exercise modifications to compensate for previous injuries.
If both sides collaborated, they could help you exercise more safely and make the progress you really want. For most of us, however, our rehab specialist and trainer never work together.
MoveMend’s solution: Physio Coaching
Physio Coaching is a customized fitness program designed for you by our expert rehab and training team.
With Physio Coaching, you work with one of our highly knowledgeable strength coaches AND have a rehab specialist collaborating with them to modify exercises to meet your needs. This means you can train injury-free and make greater progress on your goals.
Would you like:
- An expert strength coach designing your workouts, so there’s no guesswork about what to do on any training day?
- Workouts designed around the equipment you have available, whether that’s a minimal home gym or a full gym (when they open again)?
- To regularly connect with your Physio Coach and rehab specialist to make sure you’re training safely and making modifications when necessary?
You can – with Physio Coaching!
Physio Coaching is for you!
Who is this for? It’s for people who:
- Want guidance and help improving strength, resiliency, balance, and mobility
- Are active and want to stay active and healthy through the aging process
- Have had injuries in the past and want to exercise safely without aggravating previous injuries
- Have experienced pain or discomfort with certain movements and would like convenient access to a rehab specialist for exercise modifications
- Exercise regularly but want to train for a particular goal, whether that is going on a through-hike, preparing for an active vacation, or improving your PRs
- Are transitioning from physical or occupational therapy and want a personalized training program to regain fitness post-injury
It Means Real Results
We want you to see results. Professional, collegiate, and other elite athletes don’t show up to the gym and spontaneously decide what they are doing that day. They have a long-term plan designed to achieve their goals, with input from personal trainers, strength and conditioning coaches, and medical experts.
That’s what you get with Physio Coaching – access to the best expertise for a customized training program that helps you reach your goals, big or small, all with the support of medical and fitness professionals behind you.
More Than Personal Training
Physio Coaching is a long-term fitness strategy based on decades of research and proven methods, not fad workouts. You’ll work through different training segments with your Physio Coaches, gradually building your strength, endurance, and power.
Our customized programs are intentionally structured around the latest evidence to improve athletic performance and fitness from the bottom up. You will develop a foundational strength/endurance, and from there, you can improve your overall athleticism, train like an elite athlete, and crush your goals.
Physio Coaching is…
- The smartest way to train to get real results, no matter where you’re starting from
- Much more than personal training – it is expert coaching centered around a customized plan designed to meet your goals
- How you move past what insurance companies consider “good enough” when it comes to injury recovery and actually return to peak performance
- How you return to full strength after an injury, with a team of rehab specialists and strength coaches helping you to train safely and prevent re-injury
Physio Coaching FAQs
Physio Coaching is a better way to train for whatever your goals are, whether it’s having the energy to keep up with your grandkids or being able to hike pain-free.
It combines the best expertise from rehabilitation specialists and strength coaches for a customized, evidence-based training program. But what does that mean to you?
We break down our most frequently asked questions below.
Q: What exactly is Physio Coaching?
A: Physio Coaching is a customized fitness program designed for you by our expert rehab and training team.
A: Physio Coaching is so much more than just personal training. Your customized plan is designed by a team that includes input from a certified strength coach and rehabilitation specialists (occupational and physical therapists). Your Physio Coaches will design a program based on proven methods to get maximum results.
Q: What is the benefit of working with a strength coach and a rehab specialist? Don’t I just need one or the other?
A: It’s no secret that most healthcare operates in a vacuum, and that is particularly true for many physical rehabilitation specialists and personal trainers.
When people are discharged from physical therapy and want to start exercising again, they risk re-aggravating that injury if they don’t approach training correctly. And personal trainers don’t generally have extensive training in modifying exercises to accommodate previous injuries. But when they work together like with Physio Coaching, you can minimize risk of re-injury and make greater progress while training because your workouts are custom-tailored for you.
A: In addition to having a team of experts developing and managing your custom training program, you’ll also receive our weekly informative Physio Coaching Newsletter packed with health and fitness tips and interesting interviews with experts in the field.
If you have other healthcare people on your team you would like to integrate into your overall Physio Coaching program, introduce us! We’ll collaborate and make your custom program even more robust.