Performance Personal Training
Performance Personal Training at MoveMend
Performance Personal Training isn’t just for athletes who are looking to really dial in their training. It’s for everyone who wants to move better, feel better, and have the strength and energy to do whatever is most important to them.
Some people train for specific goals, like getting a PR in a race, being able to do a pull-up, or increasing how much they can lift. Others just want to be able to play with their kids, move without pain, get their heart rate up, and feel confident that their body can handle most anything that comes their way.
Whether you’re brand new to exercise and want someone to help you train safely and efficiently, or you’re a world-class athlete who understands that working with a highly-qualified trainer will help you improve your weaknesses and imbalances for better performance, we’ve worked with all types.
Try Performance Personal Training with MoveMend – we know you’ll love the results!
Why choose MoveMend for performance personal training?
- We have the highest qualifications in the business
- We follow scientific research on fitness and stay away from risky fads
- We work with elite competitive athletes, 80 year olds who have never exercised and everyone in between
What are the performance personal training sessions like?
Fun and challenging. Your 55-minute sessions are tailored specifically for you and no two workouts will be the same. All new training clients get started with a two-session Fitness Assessment to establish training baselines, design a draft 4-week program to build a foundation of stability and mobility then progress to building strength and power.
What happens during my fitness assessment?
Fitness assessments happen over two separate sessions.
In the first session, approximately 75 minutes in length, you and your trainer will:
- Conduct a Q&A
- Review your goals
- Review your history (fitness history, injury history)
- Complete intake forms
- Complete a Functional Movement Screen (FMS) to assess movement imbalances in 7 key movement patterns, if needed
- Review basic nutritional information related to your goals
Following the first session of your fitness assessment, your trainer will draft an initial 4-week program that aligns with your goals.
During the second session of your fitness assessment, approximately 55 minutes long, you and your trainer will:
- Review the draft of your 4-week custom program (this will evolve after a few sessions once your fitness baseline has been established)
- Outline the exercises you will be focusing on in the next few weeks
- Review of exercise modifications
- Fitness assessment to assess strength (resistance-based exercises)
- Laying the groundwork for a long-term plan to achieve goals
Interested? Call our clinic at (206) 641-7733 for more information.
NOTE: COVID-19 has had an impact on us all. As part of our protocols to keep everyone safe, including our staff and clients, we have limited our training capacity and increased our cleaning time between appointments. Thank you for your continued support and understanding.BOOK A TRAINING SESSION