Post-Injury Personal Training
What is post-injury personal training?
Post-injury personal training isn’t just for athletes who want to return to sport and activity safely after an injury. This is the piece that’s always been missing before between rehabilitation and personal training, and MoveMend is the solution. When you’re discharged from physical or occupational therapy, you’ve likely recovered much of your prior level of function. But that doesn’t mean you’re ready to jump back into exercising and training without some modifications and additional guidance.
Post-injury personal training is a unique method of fitness training for individuals who have a medical condition or are recovering from an injury.
What makes post-injury personal training different?
Our program allows you to safely improve strength and performance with a blend of rehabilitation, exercise physiology, and personal training customized to your needs.
Our trainers have the highest certifications in the industry and regularly collaborate with our OT and PT staff to help you safely return to sport and activity. Our therapists will personally hand off patients to our trainers, explaining their history and unique needs.
That means you have a full team of experts helping you to move better so you can feel better. And if you’re an athlete wanting to get back in the game, post-injury personal training will help you regain your former strength and function, while also helping you to prevent future injuries.
Why choose MoveMend for personal training?
- We have the highest qualifications in the business
- We follow scientific research on fitness and stay away from risky fads
- We work with elite competitive athletes, 80 year olds who have never exercised and everyone in between
What are the training sessions like?
Fun and challenging. Your 55-minute sessions are tailored specifically for you and no two workouts will be the same. We begin with the foundation of stability and mobility then progress to building strength and power.
What happens during my first training session?
Your trainer will conduct a Functional Movement Screen and assess you on 7 key movement patterns. This allows our experts to create a robust overall training plan for you that increases performance and decreases risk for injury.
Your first session will also include:
- Extensive review of medical / injury history
- Flexibility / mobility testing
- Recording your height, weight, resting heart rate and blood pressure
- Strength testing of major upper and lower body muscle groups
- Goal setting with a timeline and scheduled reassessment
Some of our post-injury personal training tools include:
- Functional Movement Screen (Read more here)
- TRX Suspension and Rip Trainer
- Medicine Balls and Free Weights
- Exercise Bands
- Cable Machine
- BOSU and Physioballs
- Weighted Body Bars
- Trigger Point Tools
- Single session: $100
- 5-pack: $95 / session
- 10-pack: $90 / session
- 20-pack: $85 / session
- 30 minutes follow-up sessions: $60 each
- Sessions are $82 each if currently receiving OT or PT