Post-Injury Personal Training
What is post-injury personal training?
Post-injury personal training isn’t just for athletes who want to return to sport and activity safely after an injury. This is the piece that’s always been missing before between rehabilitation and personal training, and MoveMend is the solution. When you’re discharged from physical or occupational therapy, you’ve likely recovered much of your prior level of function. But that doesn’t mean you’re ready to jump back into exercising and training without some modifications and additional guidance.
Post-injury personal training is a unique method of fitness training for individuals who have a medical condition or are recovering from an injury.
What makes post-injury personal training different?
Our program allows you to safely improve strength and performance with a blend of rehabilitation, exercise physiology, and personal training customized to your needs.
Our trainers have the highest certifications in the industry and regularly collaborate with our OT and PT staff to help you safely return to sport and activity. Our therapists will personally hand off patients to our trainers, explaining their history and unique needs.
That means you have a full team of experts helping you to move better so you can feel better. And if you’re an athlete wanting to get back in the game, post-injury personal training will help you regain your former strength and function, while also helping you to prevent future injuries.
Why choose MoveMend for post-injury personal training?
- We have the highest qualifications in the business
- We follow scientific research on fitness and stay away from risky fads
- We work with elite competitive athletes, 80 year olds who have never exercised and everyone in between
What are the post-injury training sessions like?
Fun and challenging. Your 55-minute sessions are tailored specifically for you and no two workouts will be the same. All new training clients get started with a two-session Fitness Assessment to establish training baselines, design a draft 4-week program to build a foundation of stability and mobility then progress to building strength and power.
What happens during my fitness assessment?
Fitness assessments happen over two separate sessions.
In the first session, approximately 75 minutes in length, you and your trainer will:
- Conduct a Q&A
- Review your goals
- Review your history (fitness history, injury history)
- Complete intake forms
- Complete a Functional Movement Screen (FMS) to assess movement imbalances in 7 key movement patterns, if needed
- Receive a personalized FMS report with exercises to correct imbalances
- Review basic nutritional information related to your goals
Following the first session of your fitness assessment, your trainer will draft an initial 4-week program that aligns with your goals.
During the second session of your fitness assessment, approximately 55 minutes long, you and your trainer will:
- Review the draft of your 4-week custom program (this will evolve after a few sessions once your fitness baseline has been established)
- Outline the exercises you will be focusing on in the next few weeks
- Review charts of exercise dosing and minimum effective dosing
- Review of exercise modifications
- Fitness assessment to assess strength (resistance-based exercises)
- Laying the groundwork for a long-term plan to achieve goals
Interested in post-injury training? Call our clinic at (206) 641-7733 for information.
Your workouts could include a mix of:
- Functional Movement Screen (Read more here)
- TRX Suspension and Rip Trainer
- Medicine Balls and Free Weights
- Exercise Bands
- Cable Machine
- BOSU and Physioballs
- Weighted Body Bars
- Trigger Point Tools
- And exercises modified to your needs and tailored to your goals
Interested in training with a therapist? Call our clinic at (206) 641-7733 for information.
NOTE: COVID-19 has had an impact on us all. As part of our protocols to keep everyone safe, including our staff and clients, we have limited our training capacity and increased our cleaning time between appointments. Thank you for your continued support and understanding.